What is SGST in brief?

 

A Brief simple explanation about SGST



What is SGST in briefSGST is a part of Goods and Service Tax (GST).


SGST means State Goods and Service Tax, one of the three categories under Goods and Service Tax (CGST, IGST and SGST) with a concept of one tax one nation. SGST falls under State Goods and Service Tax Act 2016.


For easy understanding, when SGST is being introduced, the present state taxes of State Sales Tax, VAT, Luxury Tax, Entertainment tax (unless it is levied by the local bodies), Taxes on lottery, betting and gambling, Entry tax not in lieu of Octroi, State Cesses and Surcharges in so far as they relate to supply of goods and services etc. are subsumed.


The revenue collected under SGST is for State Government.


The above information is a brief idea about SGST in simple and easy to understand.


Share below your comments about SGST, State Goods and Service Tax.

  

Click here to know GST rate on Goods and Services

GST Exemption list of goods and services

Find HSN number or Service tariff code for GST

GST registration guidelines

Indian GST Laws

How to export your goods?

How to export goods from India?

How to get Export Order?

Export benefit schemes in India

Export procedures and documentation

 

Difference between Central Excise Tax and CENVAT

Difference between VAT and CENVAT

Difference between VAT and Central Excise Tax

Difference between CST and CENVAT

How to distinguish between Central Excise Tax and CST

Difference between CST and VAT

Difference between SGST and CENVAT

Difference between SGST and Central Excise Tax

Difference between SGST and CST

Difference between SGST and VAT

Difference between CGST and CENVAT

Difference between CGST and Central Excise Tax

Difference between CGST and VAT

Difference between CGST and CST

Difference between IGST and CENVAT

Types of Insurance Documents.

What is VACIS exam in US import customs clearance

When can an exporter release bill of lading from shipping company?

When does exporter get EP copy of shipping bill after customs clearance

Terms of Payment in Export and Import

Terms Used in Marine Insurance

The difference between FCA and CIP terms

The formalities to sell / auction unclaimed or un-cleared goods

The legal strength of Bill of Exchange in International Trade. What is Bill of Exchange in International Trade.

The role of bill of exchange in import export business

The role of CBEC - Central Board of Excise and Customs in India.

The role of Export Inspection Agency in Pre-shipment Inspection & Quality Control

The role of Reserve Bank of India

The Role of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)

 4 Conditions when applying for refund of Input Tax Credit (ITC) under GST
Difference between types of goods and services and types of GST
4 types of Goods and Services in India for GST rate
Difference between IGST on International goods and IGST on domestic goods.

How is IGST calculated under Imports?

How is IGST rate on imports treated?

GST and e-Commerce Business, FAQ

Definition of E-Commerce under GST

TDS under GST, Frequently Asked Questions

How to calculate IGST under imports?

Changes in IEC after GST

Linking IEC with GSTIN in customs

Import under EPCG after GST

Union territory tax (Rate) Notification No. 46 of 2017 DT 14th November, 2017, GST

Integrated Tax (Rate) Notification No. 49 of 2017 DT 14th November, 2017, GST

Central Tax Notification No 40 of 2017 dt 13th October, 2017 under GST

CUSTOMS Notification No. 77 of 2017 dt 13th October, 2017

Integrated Tax Notification No. 10 of 2017 DT 13th October, 2017, GST

The term FCL. What is FCL means

The term LCL. What does LCL mean?

Tips to exporters on Documentation

How does a Running bond work?

How does Bill of Lading work in DP payment terms?

How does Bill of Lading work in Sight LC



Comments


jayanta datta: we are involved with rough marble slab maufacturing. i would like to know that the tax rate of gst and the part of % will go to the sgst.tariff no 25151220.

R.C.Gupta: On Bru instant coffee i paid 14% CGST and 14% SGST that means total GST on Bru Coffee is 28% which is maximum under the ACT? is my presumption is true?

Prof.Kantharaj: GST and SGST taxes on PiZZA hut products like Piza is 6.21 and 6.21% for Rs 69 pizza; this is = Rs12.42 per pizaa. This is equivalent to 18% tax. This nothing short of public cheating by Narendra Modi (Center)and Siddaramaiah (Karnataka Govt). We should protest against looting of common men and women in India.

Discussion Forum

You can also share your thoughts about this article.
Any one can answer on question posted by Readers