The information provided here is part of Export Import Training online
The following are the major import inspection holds conducted by Customs and Border protection CBP and other government inspection agencies.
1. VACIS exam hold
2. Manifest hold
3. Commercial enforcement hold.
4. Statistical validation hold
6. USDA hold
7. Tail Gate exam hold
7. MET Exam.
8. What is CET or Intensive exam hold
The following US government agencies also can exam goods arriving in US.
1. CBP – US Customs and Border Protection
2. FDA - Food and Drug Administration
3. USDA – US Department of Agriculture (Meat, Plants, produce, )
4. FWS – US Department of Fish and Wildlife
5. ATF – US bureau Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms
6. TTB - US Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
7. ABC – California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
8. CPSC – US consumer product safety commission
9. FCC - US Federal communications commission
10. DOT – US Department of transportation
11. TSA – US Transportation Security Administration
12. International Trade Agreements by CB
13. US International Trade Administration on Textile Imports
14. FMC – Federal Maritime Commission.
15. IATA – US international Air transport association.
16. US DoS travel warnings.
17. US Harmonized Tariff schedule by chapter
18. US Harmonized Tariff schedule by key words.
The above information is a part of Import Export online Training
Other details on how to import export